Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Just a Day

Today should be good, just regular life. I'm expecting no big highs, but also, hopefully, no incredibly sad lows....

This morning I built a fire since we were both going to be around awhile--and because it was snowing. Snow always make it seem like it’s worth building a fire. Kevin made breakfast and I did some journaling.

Now I'm squeezing in a little writing time, but I’m about to go walk that little dog of mine…I should run her really, but we’ll see--I’ve slacked a little this week working out…Then I’ll have to make a quick turn to get to work.

It’ll just be me and owner today I think, tidying up and chatting with customers and each other, shelving wine and filling the coffee bins. We’ll crank the music a little if it’s slow. I like chatting with him, I always learn a little something. He has such a great vision for the place, he always has new ideas. It takes a little work to understand him though, we don't really speak the same language or have the same sense of humor.

I need to make a quick sandwich or something to take in and sneak bites of in the kitchen. Wouldn’t want to take a lunch break or anything….

I don’t think I’ll bike there, even though it's sunny now, it could be slippery…plus my brakes have frozen up I think! I only know they aren't working too well.

I’ll hit the library on the way home…I'm going to read “Life of Pi” again. I suggested to the girls I work with on Saturday mornings that we do some reading and have discussions when we’re slow. We’re all three masters-degree educated, you'd think we could bring a little something to the table in discussion while we're working in a damn coffee shop. They were all for it. I'll probably end up checking out about 10 other books as well. Always happens.

I’ll enjoy walking the dog again when I get home...It gets me outdoors and thinking and breathing after being inside all day.

I have two Pilates sessions tonight. And yes, it’s still on apparently, the New Year’s resolution madness at the gym--I am busy with lots of new people. Usually I say people drop out by Superbowl Sunday, but not when you spend a bunch of cash on Pilates sessions apparently…

Dinner, will be late, at least after 8:30…I should have some kind of plan, maybe I’ll pull something out of the freezer before I leave, or maybe my man will put something together when he gets home. Whatever it is it'll be warm and good and I might have a glass or two of wine with it. I'll sit awhile, then I'll probably have to spin the block with the dog late, which I probably won't enjoy, (only because it will be freezing but I won't feel like bundling adequately), then I might do some reading before we all fall into bed.

To me, that's a good day.

No comments: