Monday, February 23, 2009

Restaurant Week

Someone stop me...or schedule me 4 hours per day in the gym.

It's Restaurant Week in DC, and you know I'm celebrating that. Kevin and I hit an amazing lunch at an Indian restaurant plus met some friends at a stuffy DC steakhouse on Saturday for amazing bargain three-course meals. It's such a great chance to try all the expensive, pretentious DC restaurants we don't normally frequent.

Unfortunately, when you add a couple of glasses of wine and some gin-and-tonics, it's really not that much of a bargain...

BUT STILL...

It's awesome. And I just found out a few restaurants are extending for another week...and, tomorrow a friend and I were going to have lunch anyway, so why not the full, three-course lunch?

But get this...I asked the "restaurant people" I work with where we should go and they totally scoffed it.

"Amateur Week," David said.

"It's for the hoards and you don't get the full restaurant experience," Dustin said.

Can you believe that...scoffing Restaurant Week? The greatest idea this city has had since they decided to finish the Washington Monument?

The "full restaurant" experience? Please. The one that costs $300? Thanks, I'll take my twice-a-year, low-end restaurant experience with the hoards for a third of that...thank you very much.

I've been waited on before...it can only get so good.

No comments: