Friday, December 26, 2008

Back To Work....

Well, it was nice while it lasted, the time off.

I still have more fun to look forward to--some fun friends are coming to stay for a few days for New Year's Eve and we're going to party up, plus I have a bit more time off from my jobs--but the real work needs to begin again. The work of sitting here and dealing with my bunk and writing every day.

I can so feel it, that I've been playing, living off the buzzes of life: celebrating, traveling, eating and drinking. I feel disconnected and un-centered, and I'm looking around for some more easy, fun ways to get through the days...C'mon, another reason for celebrating? Another holiday? Another big meal or present to open?

I know better than to fall too far into this. I know how to get through the days and how to make progress toward where I'm trying to go. It's just that when I take a break from doing that work it seems so difficult to get back to it. It's like running. When I let too many days go by since my last run fear starts to creep in...it's going to hurt, I might be in worse shape than I think, I might fail.

The only answer is to hit the road and get a run under my belt. Same here. After a shift at work tomorrow and paying a mountain of bills, I'll have some time to myself the next couple of days. I intend to sit here and not get up until I get back into the swing of thinking and writing and feeling--doing the hard work of living this life, not just trying to skate through it and live off the buzz.

No comments: