Friday, November 21, 2008

Air Force Law

Wives of Air Force pilots pretty much count on everything going to hell as soon as the guys leave...something always happens.

Sure enough, Kevin left yesterday, and I came home late last night after work to find I could not get the heat going. My warm little beast and I crowded together in the bed with lots of blankets, and slept well, but the house was freezing this morning. I like being reminded of my childhood and everything, but it would be nice to have a little help with the heat--we are in the middle of a cold snap. I checked out the heater but I don't know what the hell I'm looking at. Good thing I have all that pioneer-like fire-building experience...I've kept the fire going all day.

Snow just started falling. I hope it keeps up. I think I have enough wood to last until Thanksgiving.

No comments: