Saturday, September 13, 2008

Wine and Coffee

I think I got my job.

It's kind of crazy how excited I am about it, I mean one could say that the job is not much better than the first one I got when I was 16, making ice cream cones and selling donuts. It's not requiring me to use my degree and it's not paying a lot of money. It's valuable to me because it's part of my vision for life here, and it's a tells me that I am trusting that vision.

It's a cool little wine bar/coffee shop and it has a great vibe. (What a great fit--wine and coffee are two of my favorite things!) It opened in February and is going strong. Along with getting to know more people and engaging in my new community I'm hoping to learn a lot about wine, opening and running a small business and maybe a little something more about coffee. (I wonder if I'll be a "barista?") The owners seem really cool, and aren't into making as much money as possible. They have reasonable hours and close for two weeks in August and two in January to take a break. They only buy free trade coffee beans and are into carrying organic products.

Anyway, I'm going by tomorrow for a second interview and maybe to get a little training for the 2-3 shifts I will work each week. It's close and fun and I can't remember being this excited about a job in a long time, maybe since I was 16.

No comments: