Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Soul

I've decided to title my writing here "Developing Soul" because I aim to work on developing my own soul right here. I haven't done enough of that in my life. My whole life, until a few years ago, was aimed at spiritual progress. I have come to realize that I've not given equal attention to my soul. The soul doesn't quietly endure being ignored or pressed down, eventually it finds ways to get attention. For me it is always with feelings of pain and emptiness. Emptiness I am greatly tempted to fill with all manner of distractions.

I've recently read that the soul is empowered when one sustains these feeling of emptiness and resists temptations to fill it prematurely. One must be able to accept and tolerate their own weakness to develop their soul. This rings true to me, I know it is true. So my soul path, if it is a path, is to commit to do this more. To allow emptiness to dwell with me a bit, to listen to it and see if it has something to teach me. To live in a place where I don't have all the answers... where there may not be any answers.

In my spirit I reach for the divine and aspire to the highest self I can fulfill. In my soul, I know that I am human, that I must feel and acknowledge all that that means. I am who I am now, not who I wish to be. I feel what I feel and desire what I desire. No pretense allowed.

No comments: