Thursday, April 10, 2008

Drinking

I went to a fancy event last night where a server would not let my glass get even half empty. Consequently, being a lover of wine, I'm a bit slow today. Why is it that I keep drinking when I'm not even tasting it and when I already know I've had enough? What is that about alcohol? When I'm full I stop eating, why no internal limiter on alcohol consumption? Maybe it's my "soul" saying it needs more and I need to fill it. Yeah, that's the spin, it's healthy for me in some way.

Actually, it does serve one good purpose for me. It makes me feel like I want to be a better person. I slept over at a friends house, and I'm sad I missed a night in my bed with my husband, even though I've had thousands and will probably have thousands more. I want to drive the speed limit and walk my dog and clean the house and make a great dinner. I'm appreciating the ordinariness of life, and the comfort it gives me.

It also makes me want to NOT do it again.

No comments: